Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quick update

I just too a look after 3+ months and realized I hadn't posted anything since Kel's 7 month checkup was pending, so I thought I would add news:

He has just (2.5 weeks ago) cleared his 10-month post-surgery all clear and is currently in his final week with the Tucson Police Department before saying goodbye to Arizona and moving to MS to be with David and I.  I am sad to see him leave such AMAZING friends and co-workers who were out of this world supportive and caring during Kel's illness and beyond.  I feel guilty about moving so far and having to have him leave that great family, but I also cannot wait (after almost 9 months) to have him here with us.  It has actually been 3 months since David and I have seen Kel and cannot wait.

In cancer news he is now at 2 month checkups rather than monthly, and all is holding steady and looking good.  The next one will be the big 1-year all clear, after which the chances of recurrence drop immensely (actually statistically for the salvage surgery he had the peak risk was 8-9 months, and he is past that too), so we will breath so much better soon.  The worry never goes, but reaching a year is a huge milestone.

That is it for tonight ... to follow my old sux/doesn't suck prescription:
I suck for having to have Kel leave TPD just to be with David and I.
Being past at least the first hurdle of recurrence risk does NOT suck, for sure!

With love,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment