Saturday, April 23, 2011

Change to Cancer Really Sux

And to explain the new icons on the right (especially once I figure out how to make them more visible, and add photos) - I am designing some t-shirts to go along with this blog and our experiences, expressing our disdain for cancer. The shirts are kind of cool (but I am biased) and can be designed a few ways, for now. The front logo is the same as the new banner on this blog page, and the backs are variable. 50% of the proceeds will be donated to cancer research. I am not too webdesign savvy, but if you are interested in seeing them check out the details at my facebook page. And here are some of the new 'girlie' colors.

Back to us. We have had a nice week with my father and my niece visiting, and my aunt through Tuesday. I took the week off from work too, and spent time with them. Today we (minus Kel, who was at work) went to the Pima Air and Space museum, which the kids loved, and yesterday my niece Danelle joined me in a tour of my cancer research lab that I gave to 11 and 12 year old middle school kids. I think she liked it!

Kel is doing alright physically, but the not knowing what is coming is hard. B/W will happen in a week, and then we meet with the oncologist for results and the next step on 5/3. So only 1.5 weeks away.

It is after midnight and I teach in the morning, so onto the ReallySux section: :)

-Doesn't really suck is going to be a nice week with Dad and Danelle. Although Dad's cooking is too darned good and I need to eat less!! Darn him ... and this is pre-cooking school. Just wait until after?! Ugh. ;)

-Sux is the waiting. My dreams are permeated by fears and uncertainties. The other night I dreamt that I was awaiting surgery to biopsy bile duct masses as cancer or not. I haven't even heard of bile duct cancer?! Where does my subconscious come up with this stuff? I have been obsessed this week with designing t-shirts and logos, and getting stuff organized, etc. So I have had dreams about that too (i.e. no one wanting the shirts, and please don't feel obligated! We just think they are cool and hope others do too), but bile duct cancer? Geez ... must be a combination of teaching Anatomy and Physiology and all of this sucking cancer.

Speaking of which, I have to teach in the morning, so g'night for now!
Best wishes,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment